Monday, May 5, 2008

Catching Up

This entry is just to catch up on loose ends, which is enough of a reason to find something to share.

Daryn Kagan
As I watched the video from Daryn Kagan (darynkagan.com) today I was again impressed by the fact that her web site and blog tell the “good news” about people making a difference. I have already added her link on the left panel of this blog, but I particularly wanted you to see her interview back at CNN, where she worked for 12 years before her contract was not renewed. It is her May 5, 2008 entry. http://www.darynkagan.com/darynsblog.html

Update on my “Entangled Connections.”
I wrote recently about trying to repair my desktop PC. I thought it was a circuit board problem, but it turned out (I think) to be one of my two hard drives. Several years ago I had a similar problem and bought a new drive, installed it, and then installed the old drive as a slave unit. I was able to recover all my information and all was well until that original hard drive began to clack away like metal hitting. The last time I was into the inner workings while the PC was turned on that nasty old drive began clacking away. I unplugged it and the noise stopped. So I have ordered a new drive and will start the process all over again. Fun, huh? I guess most readers won’t care much about my computer problems, but I thought that since I brought it up before, you might just want to see the finished story. You will get another installment when all is well again.

Spring has Sprung (for a few days)
This has been unusual year weather wise, but of course it seems we say that every year, doesn’t it? Well, we reached 70 degrees for the second time this year and we may again today. I love the seasonal changes in the northwest, but the sun always is the best thing to happen. The sun heightens the color intensity of the evergreens and the spring blossoms of trees and plants. It is truly a gorgeous time of year. I am ready for it and for the emotional change that comes with the sun. As skies brighten, so do I! I hope your skies are blue and your sun shines brightly!

No comments: