Sunday, July 9, 2017

It wouldn’t be Sunday Morning Without CBS!

For as long as I can remember “CBS Sunday Morning” has been a ritual TV program in my home.  Charles Kuralt, the founder of the weekly program, had been a favorite TV feature personality even before he launched the first “CBS Sunday Morning.”  Following his expanded view of the world was a no-brainer to follow.
Not a Sunday goes by that I fail to be informed of something new, something that excites me deeply or that brings me to hearty laughter or soul-searching tears.  IMHO, this is the best program on television.  Real LIFE with all of its verities awaits exploration.
No other TV program could get me out of bed at 6:00 AM so I could have my coffee and be ready to start watching by 6:30 AM.  I am not going to try to tell you about the variety of programming that makes this an experience to remember every week.  You just have to listen for yourself.  I hope you will.
Now, for my Sunday morning walk along Rickreal Creek!

Having returned from a nice walk along the Rickreal Trail I have photos to share.  Unfortunately, with limited skills transferring phone photos to my hard drive as an album, I have not identified the photos as I would with individual downloads to my hard drive.  Hope you will enjoy the walk.  Notice the tall trees that are probably at least 100 years old.  The low creek level is much different from winter and spring runoffs, but you can imagine much deeper waters.  One of the last photos shows the end of the paved trail, but a gravel portion leads on to the housing development up from the creek.  The last photo shows one of the lovely homes along the creek trail.
There were numerous runners and walkers today and no fresh dog poop on the walkway.  A thankful event.
As I neared the end of the walk, returning to the starting point, I was struck with the relativity of time and space.  This is the same walk I took the day before.  Today I stopped often for the photo taking and yet the walk seemed to take less time and shorter in distance.
Here are the photos.  Enjoy.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP2n1oatJ2N-ijMdvO8qWgqtyeNWq11gwjCCo6dRD_Wk5xGEtaozZ4oyxRSgNjOmQ/photo/AF1QipNS357SBMV8nulivmUy7WF3FgYxBc5-HkIXZEc1?key=TGY4eVExcm9jd3dCdWdHUlhaUUU0bGRzUzRCdFVB


No comments: