Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It May Be Happening!

For some time I have been threatening to write another book. Others have encouraged me to do it, but for the most part it seemed to be a task beyond my current energy level.

However, in the midst of the hottest weather on record, when even my computer is heating up from the outside as well as the inside, this seemed to be the time to strike! I was surprised at how easy it was to begin pulling ideas and articles together. Who knows how it will eventually turn out, but for now Moments, the working title for the book, is under way.

I plan to include many of the articles and poems I have written through the years laced with the personal growth experiences that produced them. There will be genealogical background as well as cultural influences that have been so much a part of my life. My writing has always been about what was going on in my life. As I have said before on this blog, writing has allowed me to more clearly examine my experiences and hopefully come to a better understanding of how to manage and enjoy them.

Don’t hold your breath. This is a huge project. But it is under way and for my part I am already feeling excited about the prospects of completion. Now that I have “blabbed” about it, I guess I’ll just have to do it!

No comments: