Thursday, December 26, 2013

Reflections and Anticipation



In the day after Christmas I find I am in a reflective and grateful mood.  This year, in my new (to me) home, I felt the anticipation of Christmas as I haven’t for a number of years.  Having given away all my Christmas decorations and artificial tree, I had to start all over acquiring those things that would reflect my Christmas Spirit.  Thanks to my good friend, Lisa, I had strings of lights to adorn my outdoors.  Thanks to Wal-Mart I found a small tree that was just right, and a few ornaments to make it even better.

One thing I discovered to my dismay is that I did not have any real Christmas albums.  So I was left to find something on Pandora, Music TV or elsewhere.  I am a traditionalist when it comes to Christmas music and while I think some of the contemporary music is “cute,” I want “I’ll Be Home For Christmas,” “Silent Night,” “Panis Angelicus,” and so many more.  Fortunately, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir again provided their special presentation of Christmas.  Then, on Facebook a friend posted “The Lord’s Prayer” with Andrea Bocelli and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir—the BEST EVER!

I have remedied my lack of music somewhat by ordering several albums from Amazon, which also includes their “Cloud” service that has all the music I ever bought from them. (Listening to the cloud right now!)  Isn’t our modern technology just the greatest thing ever?

As I listen to all this wonderful music the reflections of Christmases past flowed through my consciousness.  I am so grateful for them.  They keep those experiences shared with my loved ones close in my heart though they are miles away.

So it is a time of reflecting upon the year now passing and anticipation for the coming year.  I have a feeling it might just be the best one ever!  I am going to do my best to make it so.  My wish for you is that the New Year is also the very best for you!

Happy New Year!



No comments: